Nigeria’s Taekwondo team to the 12th African Games in Morocco will be led by defending African Champion, Uzoamaka Otuadinma [female middle -73kg].
Also included in the team are experienced athletes like the Commonwealth gold medallists, Shola Olowookere [male feather -68kg] and Josephine Esuku [female fin -49kg], the Nigeria News Agency reports.
Top male athletes that made the final list include Arinola Abdullateef [male fin -54kg], Abdulfathi Sanusi [male fly -58kg], and Ifeoluwa Ajayi [male bantam -63kg].
Bright Paul Kolade [male light -74kg], Peter Itiku [male welter -80kg], Sunday Onofe [male middle -87kg], and Benjamin Okuomose [male heavy +87kg]
Top female athletes that made the final list include Sekinat Adebayo [female fly -49kg], Chinazum Nwosu [female bantam -53kg], and Helen Okoko [female feather -57kg].
Vivian Ndu [female light -62kg], Elizabeth Anyanacho [female welter -67kg], Uzoamaka Otuadinma [female middle -73kg] and Chiamaka Onumonu [female heavy +73kg].
The team is under coach World Taekwondo Kyung Hee University South Korea Trained International Coaches, Sani Lawal and John Victor.
Nigeria will begin hostilities at the Taekwondo event on Aug. 20 at the Résidence Ziraoui venue, Rabat.
Team Nigeria comprising 462 athletes and officials participating in 22 sports departed Nigeria on Thursday for the Games via a chartered flight.
The 12th African Games in Rabat, Morocco, will hold from Aug. 19 to Aug. 31.
- No plan to stop Basic Healthcare Fund — Senate
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution
- Why hike in cooking gas price may persist – Marketers
- Kogi Poll: Court begins hearing on suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility