Omuo Ekiti, (Ekiti State) March 23, 2019, The ruling All Progressives Congreses (APC) in Ekiti State has won the last and only supplementary election for Ekiti East (1) Constituency on Saturday.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the APC, by implication, now has total control of the state assembly, having won the 26 seats in the Parliament.
According to the supplementary result announced by INEC Returning officer, Asiqua Chika, Adegbuyi Oluwajawa of APC polled 5,484 votes, to defeat his closest rival, Fajana Ojo Ade of the PDP who polled 3,258 votes.
Other results are Oludayo Roland, ADC, 529; Oguntomole Femi, ADP, 24 and Balogun Yetunde, DA, 2.
The rest are Omokan Adewole, PPN, 0; Florence Ojo, SDP, 3 and Ayeni Adebayo, ZLP, 0.
- Angola extends deadline for bids for international mining tender
- Gas flaring: Reps c’ttees to investigate impact, ensure compliance of laws
- Turbulence for France’s Macron: hospitals strike, students protest
- Senate to carry out investigative hearing on child trafficking
- We lost over 300 hectares of rice farm to flood in Delta – Farmer
- Czech Republic to summon Russian ambassador over NGO classification
- Gov. Buni presents N108bn budget for 2020
- UNICEF/HiLWA advocates girl-child education in northern Nigeria
- NASC takes seed awareness campaign to secondary schools
- Scavenger bags 3 years’ imprisonment for stealing N9m cables
- 4th Industrial Revolution: Stakeholders list strategies to raise Nigeria’s potential
- Why we are interested in Bayelsa election – US
- Senate stands down bill on inauguration of NASS
- Aluminium fabricator docked for allegedly defrauding client of N964,000
- 3 sentenced to death for kidnapping traditional ruler, killing palace guard
- Another Dickson’s aide resigns
- Reps. make case for Osun aquaculture centre
- Court admits witness statement in trial of Atiku’s son-in-law, Babalele
- Edo Assembly confirms Chief Judge designate
- 17 black rhinos relocated from South Africa to Malawi