The National Agency of Science and Engineering Infrastructure has begun training of 50 youths on auto-mobile mechanic and electrical installation in Daura area of Katsina State.
Sen. Ahmad Babba-kaita, Representing Katsina North, who spoke during the launch on Tuesday said that participants were selected from the 12 local government in senatorial district.
Babba-Kaita, represented by Alhaji Isma’il Dalhat urged the participants not to sell the tools collected from the training but make good use of them.
“It is worth thousands of naira, make use of them well, so as to be self-sufficient and independent”, the lawmaker said.
He thanked President Muhammad Buhari and NASENI for the support.
Also, Sen. Abdullahi Barkiya, representing Katsina Central, who spoke at the event, congratulated the youths and urged them to be self-reliant after the knowledge acquired from the training.
Prof. Sani Haruna, Director-General, NASENI, said that the organisation was the only agency mandated to research, develop and produce engineering and scientific products for small and medium scale entrepreneurs.
Haruna advised participants to pay attention on the programme as it was a rare opportunity accorded them to be self reliant.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
- Syphilis may have spread in Europe before Columbus – study
- Chinese embassy donates cash, PPEs to Philippines’ medical frontliners
- Ogun SUBEB to understudy BESDA implementation in Oyo State
- FG earmarks N2.5bn for development of Wawa-Zange grazing reserve
- Removal of Unilag VC like hatchet job, says Committee of Vice Chancellors
- Philippines Govt. orders face shield, in addition to face mask at work, in transport
- COVID-19: NCDC, ICRC to train 25 Anambra doctors on infection prevention, control
- Court fixes Sept. 1 to hear suit filed by removed Qua’an-pan LG chairman
- Uganda warns of COVID-19 surge in capital city
- Anambra Assembly pledges to support grassroots football