Mrs. Buhari made the commendation in Daura, in an address at a dinner she organised to mark the electoral victory of her husband .
She particularly commended women and youths for making the feat possible, and described them as the vanguard of positive change and transformation.
In his remarks, the Minister of State for Aviation, Alhaji Hadi Sirika, also commended the resilience and doggedness of Nigerians that ensured a second term for Buhari.
He described Buhari as “a strict disciplinarian, who abhors injustice and dishonesty”.
He said that Buhari’s anti-corruption polices had made impacts in the executive, legislative and judicial arms of government, saying that the president had instilled due process, probity and accountability in all sectors.
In a brief address, Sen. Ahmed Babba-Kaita assured Nigerians of the determination of the 9th assembly to support President Muhammad Buhari to succeed .
He lauded the efforts of the president’s wife toward a better life for the poor via her pet projects, and promised to continue to support such efforts.
Hajiya Zakiya Aminu Masari, wife of Katsina governor, assured Mrs. Buhari of the support and commitments of millions of women and youths toward the success of the Buhari administration.
The News Agency of Nigeria , reports that thousands of women and youths from different parts of Nigeria attended the event held at the Daura township stadium .
Highlights of the event included musical entertainments, speeches, traditional and modern dances, and various other shows.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students