Coach Bala Abubakar, new Technical Adviser (TA) of the club, made this known during an interview with the Nigeria News Agency in Minna.
Abubakar said that the club had relocated to Kaduna since Friday last week owing to the critical nature of the match, “just to finalise our strategy to win the game.
“We respect Kano Pillars FC because it is a good side but we have put up good strategy to defeat them on Sunday by the special grace of God.”
He said that all Tornadoes players were in good form to file out against the Pillars on Sunday.
NAN reports that the match scheduled for July 24 was postponed to July 28 due to logistic reasons.
The TA said that the club has organised a friendly with the Kaduna Professionals FC on Wednesday to perfect its winning strategy against Pillars.
“It is the same thing as playing with the Kano Pillars.
“The game will give us the opportunity to test the strength and quality of our players and get ready for the real match,” he said.
Also, Aliko Mustapha, Tornadoes captain told NAN that players and officials have worked hard for the game.
“We deserve victory for our hard work and prayers,” he said.
Alhaji Adamu Aliyu, chairman of the club, said that the state governor, Alhaji Abubakar Bello would be in Kaduna to watch the game.
He added that government has started mobilising supporters from the state to cheer Tornadoes to victory.
NAN recalls that Abubakar was unveiled as the Technical Adviser of the club on July 18.
NAN also recalls that Abubakar, an indigene of the state, had in 2017 led the club to a second-place finish in the AITEO Cup competition, after losing 3-2 on penalty shootout to Akwa United in Lagos.
- Enugu set to increase beekeeping activities to boost IGR
- Court remands 2 men for allegedly kidnapping woman at gun point
- Google to offer checking accounts for consumers – WSJ
- Court sentences hairdresser to 3 months in prison for stealing shoes
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Kaduna LG
- Kaduna Govt takes over medical bills of woman locked up for 2 years by brother
- LUTH CMD reiterates commitment to efficient service delivery
- Housewife drags husband to court, seeks divorce over alleged rape
- MainOne’s CEO advocates broadband penetration for devt of digital economy
- APC heads to Appeal Court over disqualification of Deputy Governorship candidate
- Erdogan meets Trump at White House at testing time for U.S.-Turkey ties
- Nationwide Handball League: We’re confident of winning, says Anambra Coach
- Police recruitment: Court adjourns for PSC to respond to AGF’s application
- EU’s Juncker set to leave intensive care after aneurysm operation
- FRSC urges public to assist victims of road traffic crashes
- Man drags friend’s ex fiancée to court over alleged criminal intimidation, defamation
- Former Springboks coach Meyer steps down at Stade Francais
- Probably my best ever, says Thiem after Djokovic win
- Xhaka deserves respect, says former Arsenal skipper Vieira
- Group blames obsolete equipment for incessant collapse of national grid