Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has called on civil servants in the state to remain productive, resourceful and dedicated to the progress of the state.
The governor made the call on Wednesday during the swearing-in ceremony of 11 new Permanent Secretaries at the state executive council chamber.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the 11 newly sworn-in permanent secretaries include Alhaji Fatai Oladehinde, Mr Adewole Jimoh, Mrs Abosede Abioye, Mrs Adejoke Eyitayo and Mr Alfred Adedigba.
Others are Mr Joel Ajagbe, Mr Yinka Fatoki, Mr Tajudeen Olanrewaju, Mr Adebowale Balogun, Mrs Olayinka Olaleye and Mr Hakim Audu.
Ajimobi described them as dedicated set of individuals who were found worthy of the appointment.
“The position of Permanent Secretary is the peak of any civil servant which comes with huge responsibilities.You are expected to continue exhibiting all the salient qualities that made you worthy of this position.
“You must all remain up and doing. I mean you should remain resourceful, productive and dedicated to the progress of the state, ” he said.
He said that his administration had appointed 34 Permanent Secretaries to date, saying the newly sworn-in ones would fill vacant positions.
Ajimobi urged them to put public above their personal interest in the true spirit of their oath of office and allegiance.
The governor said that his administration had raised the bar of good governance, saying other civil servants should be inspired by the action and appointment.
“When we came on board, we had a mission to reposition and reform the civil service. Today, we have been able to achieve tremendously and also introduce better welfare incentives.
“We have trained workers locally and internationally. We have given car and housing loans to workers at improved rate. We introduced free bus transport scheme for civil servants to mention a few,” he said.
- Why creative content producers should register with LSFVCB – PMAN
- Nigeria-India trade relations thrived amid COVID-19 – Envoy
- Fintiri mourns ex-gov., Juta, declares 3 days mourning
- A’ Ibom Govt. sensitises 948 flood prone coastal villages
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council