Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, on Monday promised to continue the onslaught on the province of Idlib, the last rebel stronghold, as well as the countryside of Aleppo.
“The liberation of the countryside of Aleppo and Idlib is continuing apart from some empty voices which are coming from the North.
“Al-Assad is saying this against the backdrop of Turkey’s threats to intervene if the advances by the Syrian army continue,” al- Assad said.
Al-Assad, referring to the liberation of areas in Western Aleppo on Monday, said: “We are aware that this liberation does not mean the end of the war or abolishing terrorism or surrendering the enemy.
“But it means we have smacked their noses in the sand ahead of the final victory.”
Al-Assad, however, commended the Syrian army and its allies for its achievements, adding that it was true that winning a battle does not mean winning a war.
Edited By: Yahaya Isah/Emmanuel Yashim
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: Clinical psychologist says holistic approach needed in prevention, treatment
- COVID-19: Pathologists demand support, more testing centres
- Ex-Reps member, Katung applauds El-Rufai’s handling of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Custodial Center takes steps to protect inmates
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Food shortage hits Bayelsa as prices soar
- We are inspiring thousands of African storytellers – MultiChoice
- COVID-19: Nasarawa govt. lauds residents for observing sanitation
- COVID-19: NMA calls for more staffing of health facilities in Kwara
- COVID-19: Kebbi govt shuts borders
- COVID-19: CAN supports Sunday service suspension in Niger