The outgoing Vice-Chancellor of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Prof. Taofeek Ibrahim, has charged the management and staff to renew their commitment to duties for the institution’s development.
Ibrahim gave the advice at the handing over ceremony to the new vice chancellor held in Ilorin on Monday.
He enjoined members of staff to be dedicated to duty so as to impact positively on the university’s vision of becoming one of the best in the world.
He said that he was leaving the institution better than he met it.
“I am convinced and can say with all modesty that I will be leaving office with fond memories of Al-Hikmah University as a better place in terms of teaching, research and service to the community,” he said.
Ibrahim advised the new Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Noah Yusuf, to maintain the quality and integrity of the university as well as to be transparent in his dealings.
He appealed to his successor to be careful in appending his signatures to documents, reminding him that he would account for his deeds at the end of the day.
Ibrahim urged him to monitor the digital environment and warned him not to trust anybody.
The new vice chancellor commended Ibrahim for his achievements and promised to work tirelessly to ensure that Al-hikmah University attains a higher level.
He prayed to God to help him in his tenure and assured everyone of doing his best to ensure the university soars higher.
Yusuf solicited for the cooperation from the management in piloting the affairs of the university to greater heights.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Tajudeen Atitebi (NAN)
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls