While inaugurating the project, Alabi charged the benefitting community to ensure its proper maintenance to stand the test of time.
The deputy governor urged the people to protect and take proper care of the water project to fully enjoy the benefits.
“Water is very essential to human existence, therefore, I urge the community as a whole to guide against any form of vandalism so that it can serve you longer.
“I also commend the Rotary Club for the enormous humanitarian outreaches they have been involved in,” he said.
He added that he expects any serious politician to join the club as its programmes cut across all that any meaningful government would want to do.
The President of Rotary Club, Akeem Okunola said the projects were in nine locations across the state that cost the club a total of about $49,000.
Okunola called on the government to partner with the club to bring development to the grassroots in the state.
The Chairman of Alagbede Oke-Àgbala Isegun Landlords Association, Mr Joseph Olaniyan, commended the club for the provision of the water, which he explained would alleviate the suffering of the people in the area.
Olaniyan appealed to the government to complete the water project embarked upon by the Mohammed Lawal administration that has been abandoned by the previous administrations.
The chairman also urged the state government to assist the community in reconstruction of its road that is in a deplorable state.
A resident, Mrs Bilikis Akanbi, told Nigeria News Agency that it was a great relief for the community to have a good source of water.
“This is really the work of God in our community. We suffer a lot to fetch water, but Rotary Club members have come to help us. We pray that God will bless them and help them to do more,” she said.
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study