The General Assembly, which is the highest decision organ of ALGON, had on May 30, 2020 during its extra-ordinary virtual meeting, resolved to set up the interim management committee.
It approved the constitution of the committee, because national leadership of the association had been in comatose and conflicts for the past eight months.
Other members of the IMC are: Mr Ige Emmanuel- Deputy President from South West; Mr Kingsley Innaji (South-East); Mr Philip Okparaji (South-South); Mr Jingi Rufai (North-East); Mr Shehu Jaga (North-West) and Mr Niyi Adeagbo as Public Relations Officer.
In his inaugural speech, Maje, who is the Chairman, Suleja Local Government in Niger, said the committee’s mandate was to set up ALGON Electoral Committee to conduct elections into the offices of president and National Executive Council.
He sought for the cooperation of the association’s permanent members and stakeholders to support the committee to reposition the association.
“I want to assure every member and stakeholders that we shall henceforth run ALGON in accordance with our Constitution and the Rules of Law,” he said.
Edited By: Abiodun Esan/Olagoke Olatoye (NAN)
- Kogi declares August 18 as deadline for exam registration
- Kwara Gov appoints Adeboye GM for The Herald
- SIP: Gov. Sule flags off second phase training of CBTT in Nasarawa
- COVID-19: Group presents palliatives to Plateau Govt.
- Edo speaker raises alarm over plot to take over Assembly
- Anglican synod advocates revival of ailing industries to tackle unemployment
- Alleged N2bn libel: Court to hear suit against Sowore, others Sept. 30
- Edo Assembly Deputy Speaker impeached
- Osun govt. distributes protective materials to public schools ahead resumption
- British lawmakers slam govt’s ‘critical errors’ in pandemic