by Funmilayo Okunade
Ado-Ekiti, March 11, 2019 An Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court on Monday, ordered that Oyelowo Sunday, an acclaimed pastor at Gospel Cherubim and Seraphim Church, who allegedly attempted to murder a housewife, be remanded in prison, pending legal advice from the office of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
Magistrate Omolola Akosile, gave the order because the plea of the accused could not be taken for lack of jurisdiction.
She adjourned the case until April 11, for mention.
The accused, whose address was not provided, is being accused of attempted murder.
The Police Prosecutor, Insp Monica Ikebuilo, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Jan.16 in Aramoko Ekiti.
She alleged that the accused attempt to murder a housewife, Mrs Abaje Anasiru.
Ikebuilo said that the complainant sought for spiritual help from the accused, who claimed to be a pastor at Gospel Cherubim and Seraphim Church in Aramoko Ekiti.
She said the accused told the complainant, to bring her shaved pubic hair with black soap for a special bath.
“The accused also demanded for sex from Mrs Anasiru with a promise that she will be free from all her predicaments,” she said.
The prosecutor alleged that the woman’s husband noticed that she was losing a lot of weight after performing the rituals the accused ordered.
Ikebuilo said when the police went to the accused’s church, they found different boxes with charms and he confessed to the crime that he had sex with the woman and asked her to shave her pubic hair.
She said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 320 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline