An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court in Osun on Friday, ordered that a 37-year-old applicant, Ademola Adewolu, accused of using a machete to inflict injuries on a a businessman, be remanded n prison, pending hearing of his bail application.
The police charged Adewole with three counts of conspiracy, attempted murder and stealing.
He pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Magistrate Muhibah Olatunji, gave the order that Adewolu be remanded in Ile-Ife Prisons.
He also ordered the Counsel, Mr Samuel Obi, to file a formal bail application.
Olatunji adjourned the case until April 2 for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Cpl. Wale Odusina, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence with some other persons who are at large on March 5, at 10 p.m. at Mokuro Road, Ile-Ife.
Odusina alleged that the defendant assaulted the complainant, Mr Micheal Lawrence wit a machete and inflicted severe injury on his head and body.
He alleged that the defendant also stole one Tecno phone valued N11,000 and N20,000, property of the complainant.
According to the prosecutor, the offence contravened the provisions of sections 355, 383, 390 (9) and 516 of the Criminal Law of Osun, 2002.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business