The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described the claim by Gov. Yahaya Bello of Kogi, that some PDP governors were planning to defect to All Progressives Congress (APC), as childish, laughable and pathetic.
The party in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, on Saturday in Abuja said nobody could take such “peddling of falsehood” seriously.
Ologbondiyan described Bello’s claim as a desperate attempt to divert public attention from the imminent exodus from the APC.
“Moreover, Gov. Bello has no relationship of any sorts with any governor elected on the platform of the PDP, ” he said.
Ologbondiyan said that nobody abandoned a cruising liner, which the PDP represents, to jump into the APC.
Edited By: Isaac Aregbesola (NAN)
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Farm inputs: Women farmers laud Gov. Buni
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi
- Coronavirus: Specialist hospital commends union for suspending strike
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed