Mr Abdullahi Candido, Chairman, Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) and other council officials have tested negative for COVID-19.
AMAC Head of Information, Mrs Patience Olaloye, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
Olaloye said that the chairman, had last week, led other officials to undergo the COVID-19 test after the council secretary Mrs Abisola Abdullahi tested positive for the virus.
She added that the test results, which came out over the weekend, declared the chairman, other council officials and political appointees, negative.
“The Executive Chairman, however, says the council shall continue to observe all the COVID 19 safety procedures in order to ensure that members of staff and visitors coming to the council are safe.
“Candido prays for the Council Secretary, for a speedy recovery while enjoining residents of AMAC to remain calm and continue to pray for God’s intervention on this deadly pandemic,” she said.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that there was COVID-19 scare at the council secretariat last week, when news of the test result of the council’s secretary, came out positive for the virus.
The council secretariat, was however, shut on Friday for fumigation.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others