The Ogun Government on Monday constituted a 26- member transition committee ahead of the inauguration of a new government in the state on May 29.
It has the Deputy Governor – elect, Mrs Noimot Salako-Oyedele and the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Taiwo Adeoluwa, as joint chairman.
Salako-Oyedele, who spoke with newsmen after the event, said the committee was to foster smooth transition between the outgoing and the incoming governments in the state.
The deputy-governor elect commended the outgoing government for providing necessary information that would facilitate smooth take-off of the incoming government on May 29.
“We are prepared for the transition, and the meeting today with the team of the incumbent administration of Sen. Ibikunle Amosun is to further cement smooth transition between the incumbent government and the incoming one.
“We had a very robust discussion this morning and we are very glad that the incumbent administration is well prepared for the transition.
“We have been working on this for quite a while and we are going to continue to exchange information in the next few weeks so that by May 28, when the hand-over will place, all the things that we need, will be handed over to us.
“We need to get information from the outgoing government so that we can start to plan and when we get to office on May 29, we can hit the ground running.
“Government is a continuum and there should be no gap and I am happy they have said they will oblige us with necessary information to be able to do our planning prior to May 28.
“The government team came to the meeting and they have briefed us on what they have done to date.
“We have given them a list of information we require from them and we have both agreed on the time the information will have to be provided.
“We shall then have subsequent meetings to review whatever they have and we will continue with that until May 21, which will be our last meeting, so they can have a week to prepare their report to be handed over on May 28,’’ she said.
Adeoluwa, who also spoke with newsmen, said the state governor, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun, had directed that all necessary assistance and co-operation should be rendered to the team of the governor-elect.
He expressed delight that the meeting had turned out successful, adding that the committee will ensure harmonisation of programmes ahead of the inauguration of the new government on May 29.
“Our brief from the governor is to render all assistance, all cooperation and everything the team from the governor – elect requires.
“The Deputy governor- elect has been very sincere to tell you that they were impressed with what they met on ground.
” They have their programmes and we have our programmes and we have started to harmonise those programmes.
“In the next few days and weeks, you will see the full implementation of these programmes,” he said. (NNN)
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA
- U.S calls for peaceful, free, transparent elections in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Buhari greets Wazirin Dutse, Bashir Dalhatu, at 70
- New Federal Polytechnic Daura to begin operation in 2019/2020 academic – NBTE boss