Pwakim made the remark in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency on Monday in Jos.
reports that the Lalong legacy projects are key projects initiated by the administration to impact on the lives of the people of the state
Gov. Simon Lalong, while addressing stakeholders involved in the projects in Abuja recently, said that the administration’s major priority was to complete the projects before the end of its tenure.
However, Pwakim said: “Yes, some of the projects include schools and hospitals, but my concern is that it will take the state a long time to pay back this huge bond since it wasn’t invested in a sector that will give quick returns
“Such move only mortgages the future of the state and it is the younger generation yet unborn that will suffer the quagmire, ” he said.
He advised the government to look inward, invest and device means of improving it’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), rather than resort to borrowing at all times.
“It is critical that government becomes more creative in improving it’s IGR rather than borrowing all of the time, ” he said.
The analyst also urged the state House of Assembly not to give its approval for the governor to access the bond.
Edited by Abdullahi Yusuf
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study