The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) in Anambra has confirmed a multiple crash, involving four vehicles, at Umuokpu on the old Onitsha-Enugu Expressway on Friday.
Mr Andrew Kumapyi, the Sector Commander of the commission in the state, made the confirmation to the News Agency of Nigeria in Awka.
Kumapyi said the crash involved a tipper with registration number GDD 110 ZN, a Mercedes Benz with registration number NSH 620 PH, a Mitsubishi L300 bus with CH 259 KTU and a Golf with registration number 0AJ 122 ZAR
He said that four persons, including three male and one female, were involved in the crash, adding that two persons, male and female, were seriously injured.
He said that the injured persons were taken to the General Hospital, Enugu Ukwu, for medical attention.
The sector commander attributed the crash to the tipper’s alleged brake failure.
- LASG grants three-month moratorium to MSMEs
- 10,000 farmers to benefit from World Bank assisted project in Lagos — Commissioner
- Canada’s current account deficit up
- U.S. House speaker says George Floyd “murdered” at hands of police
- Court acquits man charged with sexually assaulting neighbour’s child
- U.S. blueberry growers see huge opportunity in China
- Libya, Malta sign anti-illegal immigration deal
- Roundup: Italy records over 150,000 COVID-19 recoveries, death toll at 33,142
- El-Rufai, others laud Amaechi’s selfless service at 55
- Most UN humanitarian aid programs will have to end in Yemen: panel
- Jordan reiterates rejection of Israeli annexation of Palestinian territories
- COVID-19: Abia records three new confirmed cases, total number rises to 10
- Cypriot cabinet ratifies agreement on EastMed pipeline project
- COVID-19: Nigerian-British bilateral relationship remains strong – envoy
- Brazil unemployment rises to 12.6 pct amid COVID-19 lockdown
- Stakeholders urge Enugu Assembly to review state urban, regional plan law
- Returning to old, discredited frameworks, systems “out of the question,” says UN chief
- Fire rips through crowded Cameroon prison
- Zamfara: Police partner ex bandits, rescue 12 kidnap victims -PPRO
- LG polls: Benue PDP chairman optimistic of victory