A monarch, Igwe Dennis Ezebuilo of Amanuke-Eri kingdom in Awka North Local Government area of Anambra, on Tuesday congratulated the two ministers that were recently appointed from the state, Dr Chris Ngige and Sharon Ikeazor.
The congratulatory message was personally signed by the Igwe and made available to the Nigeria News Agency in Abuja.
While Ngige was re-appointed as the Minister of Labour and Employment, Ikpeazor was appointed as the Minister of State for Environment.
Ezeibuilo also congratulated the Minister of the Environment, Mahmud Abubakar, on his appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The monarch said that records of the trio in other assignments given to them by the Buhari endeared them to the president, hence their appointment.
Dennis said that the sky is their starting point in their quest to contribute their quota to the country, adding that their new assignments would see them impacting beyond their previous records.
He said that the people of Amanuke-Eri Kingdom were proud of Ngige and Ikpeazor and prayed for successful tenure for their illustrious son and daughter.
reports that Ngige served as the Minister of Labour and Employment in the first term, while Ikpeazor was the immediate past Executive Secretary of Pension Transitional Administration Directorate (PTAD).
The monarch also congratulated President Buhari on his re-election and advised him to redouble his efforts in the area of economy, security and infrastructure.
Edited by Tajudeen Atitebi
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union