The Anambra chapter of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) has charged its members to show greater commitment to their job as professionals.
Nwabueze said that as professional they should be conscious of their responsibility for the proper upbringing of the children under their tutelage.
She gave the assurance that the union would continue to place priority on the welfare of teachers in the state.
She said: “On our part, we shall continue to protect the interest and wellbeing of our members and their welfare will remain our priority.
“The union was established to protect and promote teachers’ interest for them to teach our children well and make them have positive attitude towards the society.
“Already, since we have a progressive governor, I don’t think teachers in the state will be left out of the new minimum wage package when implementation starts.
“Every teacher in Anambra should therefore work hard to make our pupils and students turnout to become good citizens of the nation for posterity will not forget such a teacher.”
Nwabueze, who expressed joy over the sterling performances of Anambra teachers at national competitions, urged them not to rest on their oars.
She also appealed to the state government to recruit more teachers to fill the shortfall in some schools.
According to her, “Anambra did well in the last national teachers’ award held in Abuja, where we won four awards and became the only state to achieve that feat.
“It has been made known that the state government is on the process of employing more teachers to assign to schools that lacked teachers.”
(Edited by Sam Oditah)
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed