Most Rev. Alexander Ibezim, Archbishop-elect of Province of the Niger has called on Anglican faithful to shun acts of homosexuality and remain committed in their service to God.
Ibezim made the call at the Church of Pentecost, Anglican Communion on Sunday during ordination of 15 ordinands who were inducted into the office of Deacon in Awka.
Ibezim, while performing the rites of ordination, urged the ordinands to take seriously their oath of submission to canonical obedience and allegiance to God.
The cleric particularly charged the ordinands to take their oath against homosexuality sacrosanct as such act was abhorred by the communion.
He lamented that many prominent Nigerian pastors received their callings while in the Anglican Communion only to depart to start their own churches.
“If you have a call to serve God, do it in the Anglican Communion where you received the calling; do not go out to start your own church,” he admonished the congregation.
One of the newly ordained deacons, Matthew Onochie from Abagana in Njikoka Local Government Area of the communion, told the Nigeria News Agency that he was happy to receive the call to serve and celebrate God in the kingdom service.
Onochie told NAN that he would remain to serve God in the Anglican Communion where he received Christ and would remain in the faith till death.
“I have dedicated my life to the service of God and I promise to live by the teaching and command of the Anglican Communion, just keep praying for us,” he said.
Nwachukwu Obi, also one of the new deacons, said that he came from a devoted Anglican family and promised to do his best to fish men for the God’s kingdom.
“My late father was a priest in Anglican communion, I will not disappoint the lineage,” he said.
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections