Spokesperson Wang Wenbin said this at a press briefing when asked to comment on United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s anti-China remarks at a hearing.
Wang said instead of focusing on international cooperation to promote American people’s health and employment, Pompeo, as United States secretary of state, has repeatedly slandered China to serve his own political needs amid the public health crisis caused by the pandemic and economic and employment crises.
Driven by Cold-War mentality and selfishness, Pompeo and some others are forcing the international community to oppose communism and China, Wang said.
Wang underscored that ignorance, arrogance, short-sightedness and hatred cannot be the basis of foreign policy.
He added that some United States politicians’ anti-China remarks and moves will only bring the Chinese people closer together around the Communist Party of China, striving to realize the Chinese Dream of national rejuvenation and exploring a brighter future.■
- My husband is lazy, he demands money from me- Divorce seeking woman tells court
- Elaborate burials making Enugu communities vulnerable to COVID-19 – Monarch
- Germany to enforce coronavirus tests for travellers from high-risk areas
- Revamp refineries, pass PIB bill to regulate petrol pump price, MAN demands
- 30-yr-old man remanded for alleged defilement of minor
- Poland’s re-elected president, Andrzej Duda takes oath of office
- Court remands businessman for allegedly defiling 11-year-old girl
- COVID-19: Oriental energy donates palliatives to Akwa Ibom communities
- ENSG commences exclusive breastfeeding sensitisation
- C’ River Commissioner decries residents’ low turn-out for hepatitis screening