The party said this in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by its National publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu.
Issa-Onilu said that the approval was given after a meeting of the NWC on Friday where a formal request from the Kogi executive and stakeholders was considered and deliberated on.
He recalled that the APC constitution, which was reemphasised by a decision of National Executive Committee (NEC), provides for three mode of primary election to elect party candidates.
These, he said, were indirect and direct primaries as well as consensus depending on the peculiarities of the state and preferences of the stakeholders in respective elections.
According to him, the party’s timetable for the sales of forms and conduct of primaries will be announced in due course.
Issa-Onilu said that the party had also commended President Muhammadu Buhari over his reappointment of Mallam Abba Kyari and Mr Boss Mustapha as his Chief of Staff and Secretary to the Government of the Federation respectively.
According to him, these reappointments formally reiterate the determination of the president to step up on the Next Level agenda.
The ruling party noted with satisfaction the reaffirmation of the president’s confidence in the duo.
“Having worked with Mallam Kyari and Mr Mustapha in the last few years, we at the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party strongly believe that the president has made a well-informed decision.
“We are fully satisfied with their contributions so far and acknowledge that the duo fully understand the vision and direction of the APC-led administration.
(Edited by Mufutau Ojo)
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union