The APC Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yekini Nabena, said this in a statement in Abuja on Thursday while extending condolences to Fasanmi’s family, the government and people of Ekiti and Ondo states.
“The Yoruba and indeed the nation at large have lost a father to all, elder statesman, welfarist, second Republic Senator and frontline politician whose indelible strides will be forever remembered.
“Pa Fasanmi was one of Nigeria’s leading voices who spoke truth to power.
“In death, the APC celebrates an accomplished man and leader of the frontline Yoruba socio-cultural organisation who, alongside championing the socio-political interests and preserving the ethnic identity of the Yorubas, was also an advocate of good governance in the country.
“Although, born in Ekiti State, he chose to make Osun State home. The APC expresses condolences to the immediate family, the government and people of Ekiti and Ondo states and the Yoruba nation at large.
“We pray for the fortitude to bear the loss. The task before us now is to keep his legacies alive,” party’s spokesman said.
= = = = = = =
Edited By: Olawunmi Ashafa/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- British lawmakers slam govt’s ‘critical errors’ in pandemic
- Covid-19: Hotels in Nasarawa record low patronage
- Swiss ambassador slightly injured in Beirut blast – Foreign ministry
- Invest in critical areas of research infrastructure, Expert urges CBN
- Ebonyi Govt. to complete airport project in 2022-Umahi
- Nasarawa by-election: INEC urges traditional rulers to ensure peace
- Eiffel Tower to turn off lights in honour of Beirut blast victims
- Power minister promises to energise more Taraba communities
- COVID-19: Airlines bewail low patronage
- Israel commences 3rd National Bible contest in Nigeria