By Chijioke Okoronkwo
Badaru, who is chairman of APC committee for Bayelsa election, spoke with State House correspondents on Friday at the Presidential Villa.
“We are very prepared for Bayelsa governorship election; and the stake is open for us to take.
“Our chances are very high; you can see our rally; you can see that of PDP; you have seen and heard of many big wigs going out of PDP and joining us; and that is a clear indication that they are with us.
“My advice to the people of Bayelsa is just to remain peaceful and do one man, one vote and we know we will win.
“We will not tolerate any incidence of rigging or ballot box snatching and if it done that way, APC will win with landslide.’’
He said that the Federal Government had promised to provide security for a hitch-free conduct of the election.
On the alleged recruitment 1000 thugs for Kogi election by Gov. Yahaya Bello, Badaru said he was not aware of such as his own oversight was for Baylesa.
He said, however, that no member of the party would go against the law.
“The governor there in Kogi is responsible for the security of the state and he has done well in terms of security.
“How can they accuse him of employing thugs?’’ he asked
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed