The Youth Wing of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has called on the government to ensure 40 per cent youths representation in governance.
The National Youth Leader of APC, Mr Sadiq Abubakar, made the call on Wednesday after meeting with APC Youths Support Group in Abuja.
“We are expecting 40 per cent youths representation in governance, we are expecting appointments for heads of parastatals and agencies.
“We haven’t found much of our own representation in the newly constituted Federal Executive Council,” Abubakar said.
He said that the meeting was to share ideas on how they could come out with economic policies to better the lives of Nigerian youths.
According to him, there is need for economic blueprint that will discourage our youths from working abroad.
“Basically what was discussed was to show appreciation to our youth support group over the party’s victory in the last general elections.
“To see how youths can steer the affairs of the country and how policies are being made to protect the interest of Nigerian youths,” APC youth leader said.
= = = = = =
Edited by Kayode Olaitan
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes
- Sudan: Al-Bashir questioned over 1989 coup that brought him to power
- FG launches N46.83bn agric. scheme in 9 oil producing states
- Zambia gov’t says ready for talks to abolish death penalty
- Oyo govt. reinstates 300 sacked workers
- CBi launches National Integrity Barometer to tackle corruption
- World’s richest countries need to behave like adults in climate fight – Kerry
- Kingmakers seek court order against inauguration of new Kano Council of Chiefs
- UNFPA calls for enhanced youths’ rights to drive development
- NGO demands prosecution of those caught embezzling public funds
- IAAF grant: Nobody accused Gusau of complicity, says acting president
- FG committed to University of Agriculture, Zuru’s take-off in 2020-Nanono
- Alleged P&ID scam: My bank supplied your coy account statements to EFCC, GTB staff tells Briton
- Khashoggi murder: U.S. bars former Saudi diplomat in Turkey from entering U.S.
- Ikoyi Lion: Lagos to enact law criminalising keeping dangerous animals as pets
- 1.4m Ekiti residents still practise open defecation-UNICEF
- Senate wants unemployment rate checked
- Institute of Soil Science inducts 150 soil scientists
- Don’t travel at night – NYSC DG warns corps members
- NCC committed to curbing financial fraud-Adewolu
- Residents urge rehabilitation of Hatchery Road in Abakaliki
- 2 Abuja varsity students in court over alleged conspiracy in the drowning of friend
- Bill for Imo lotteries board scales 2nd reading
- INEC meets Oke Ogun, Ogbomoso communities over location of Oyo North collation centre
- Human Rights Day: NHRC, others call for youth involvement in decision making