Gov. Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has said that the mandate given to him by the people of the state on March 9, 2019 remains intact, following the judgment delivered by the Court of Appeal, in Ibadan on Monday.
Makinde, in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Taiwo Adisa, declared that the mandate could not be taken away from him through the backdoor.
The statement read: “There is no ambiguity as to the state of things in our pacesetter state as far as the election of March 9, 2019 is concerned.
“In its judgment, the Appeal Court refused to grant any of the three key reliefs sought by the APC candidate.
“The court refused to nullify the election; it also refused to order a fresh election or the retrial of the petition.
“With the above being the reality of the outcome of the Appeal Court judgment, the election of Seyi Makinde as the Governor of Oyo State has just been reaffirmed.
“There is nothing in the Appeal Court’s judgment that affects the returns made by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and there is nothing that tampers with the mandate freely given to Seyi Makinde by the people of Oyo State.
“Gov. Makinde hereby urges the good people of the state to remain calm and refuse to be provoked by agents of disruption who are seeking to upturn the truth, which remains constant, against all odds.
“We also wish to enjoin the people of Oyo state to ignore the doctored reports in some media outlets, which are merely quoting the judgment of the Court of Appeal out of context,” the statement read.
Makinde further assured the people of the state that he would not be deterred from taking the state to greater heights through the implementation of his four-point agenda.
The governor assured that positive governance and unprecedented development would continue to be the portion of the people of the state throughout his tenure.
Edited by ‘Wale Sadeeq
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law