Okowa, who was a candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the March 9 governorship election, made the appeal on Friday in Asaba.
He thanked God for the Appeal Court’s verdict of Friday in Abuja, upholding his victory as duly elected governor of the state.
The governor was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Chiedu Ebie.
“This is a reaffirmation of the events of the March 9th when more than 900,000 Deltans voted for the re-election of my administration.
“On the Sept. 20, the Tribunal ruled that I (Okowa) was validly elected and today, Nov. 15 is further reaffirmation of that by the Appeal Court.
“We asked the opposition to join us in building a stronger Delta,” he said..
Edited by Shittu Obassa
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Farm inputs: Women farmers laud Gov. Buni
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Bauchi SUBEB’s Chairman warns engineers against use of substandard materials for projects