The police on Friday arraigned an applicant, Yemi Falana, in an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly threatening to kill a priest.
Dalana,39, is charged with criminal intimidation and threat to life.
The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Johnson Okunade, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Aug. 22, 2018 at about noon at Araromi Obo in Igbemo –Ekiti.
He said that the defendant threatened to kill Rev. Father, Theophilus Olaiya with a knife.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 86 (2) of the Criminal Code, Cap C 16, Laws of Ekiti 2012.
The defendant pleaded not guilty.
Defence Counsel, Mr Peter Oluwanisola, prayed the court to grant bail to his client in a liberal terms ,adding that he would not jump bail and always make himself available in court.
Chief Magistrate, Aderopo Adegboye , admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N200, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
He adjourned the case until Sept. 18 for further hearing.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- NGO inaugurates drugs, substance abuse-free clubs in 15 schools in Kaduna
- One dies, 3 injured in Ogun accident
- PDP BoT sets up committee over members’ concerns in Edo, Kano, Lagos, others
- Federation President seeks private companies’ sponsorship for boxing
- Group wants INEC to prosecute perpetrators of electoral violence in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Morocco, Singapore discuss boosting bilateral cooperation
- NGO to assist IDPs in Kwara, others
- Alleged P&ID scam: Court fixes Nov.27 for hearing in Briton’s plea for bail variation
- Iran still largely restricting internet access after fuel protests
- Trump wants impeachment trial in Senate with Bidens, whistleblower testifying – Spokesman
- Corps member gives free medical service in Niger camp
- GDP grew by 2.28% in 3rd quarter of 2019
- Man, 32, in court for allegedly stealing car scraps worth N58,000
- Yemeni PM hails Russia’s positive role in UN Security Council
- Handle antibiotics with care, Pharmacists warn Nigerians
- Obaseki swears in Edigin as 7th Edo Chief Judge
- Expert seeks more govt support for real sector
- Appeal Court affirms Tambuwal’s election
- Court remands teenager over alleged house-breaking, stealing
- Woman in court for allegedly hacking phone, stealing N2.5m
- Turkey’s invasion of Syria enabled hundreds of IS militants to escape – Russian official
- Yahoo founder warns of tech divide returning world to ‘dark age’
- Indonesian city hands out baby chicks to keep pupils busy, off smartphones
- Trump insists on ceasefire as precondition for Afghan peace talks
- South African Airways signs wage deal with non-striking union
- Para-athletes plead with Enugu Govt. for equipment, monthly allowance
- Sri Lanka’s newly elected president swears in 15-member cabinet
- Humble Mourinho vows to bring success to Spurs
- Traditional medicine practitioner urges research into African herbs, roots
- Oil holds near two-month high on OPEC+ extension expectations
- Poland picks new constitutional judges amid row over judiciary
- Enugu State: FRSC warns motorists against traffic offences
- 7 men docked for allegedly parading in military uniforms
- Barber allegedly burgles church mission house
- Enugu: LG Council pays hospital bills of over 60 indigent residents
- Labourer in court over allegedly assaulting colleague with shovel
- Xi says Beijing actively working on trade deal with U.S.
- Turkey detains 46 following online criticism of Syria offensive
- Agent in court for allegedly defrauding customer of N1.5m
- Turkey orders detention of 138 suspects over coup bid
- UNESCO affirms commitment to violence-free school policies
- Businessman appears in court for alleged N870,000 fraud
- Association applauds Gov. Abiodun’s efforts in education sector
- Insurance agent in court over alleged theft of clients’ premium worth N1.2m
- Nasarawa State: LGSC warns LG chairmen against unauthorised employment
- Man in court for giving false information to police
- Association raises alarm on inefficiency of antibiotics due to abuse
- Finance Bill 2019: NECA expressed concern at passage
- Mongolia appoints new central bank governor
- Buhari approves re-appointment of NIMC boss for second term