The police on Tuesday arraigned an applicant, Abubakar Shuaibu, in a Kabusa Grade I Area Court, Abuja for allegedly urinating on a restaurant owner.
Shuaibu, whose address was not provided is charged with three counts of conspiracy, mischief and causing hurt.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mahmud Lawal, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on June 4.
Lawal alleged that the complainant, Mrs Racheal Magashi, who lives at Sheretti,Kabusa, Abuja, reported the matter at the Kabusa police station.
The prosecutor said the complainant reported that Shuaibu urinated on her body after she asked him not to urinate around her restaurant.
Lawal also alleged that the defendant with three others at large conspired and invaded Magashi’s restaurant, destroyed chairs and tables valued at N20,000.
He further alleged that the defendant also poured out a pot of soup cooked by the complainant valued at N30,000.
The prosecution said that during police investigation, the defendant confessed to the crime.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 97, 327 and 241 of the Penal Code Law.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Judge, Ibrahim Kagarko, ordered that the defendant be remanded in Keffi Prison, Nasarawa State and adjourned the case until July 18, for hearing.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Enugu set to increase beekeeping activities to boost IGR
- Court remands 2 men for allegedly kidnapping woman at gun point
- Google to offer checking accounts for consumers – WSJ
- Court sentences hairdresser to 3 months in prison for stealing shoes
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Kaduna LG
- Kaduna Govt takes over medical bills of woman locked up for 2 years by brother
- LUTH CMD reiterates commitment to efficient service delivery
- Housewife drags husband to court, seeks divorce over alleged rape
- MainOne’s CEO advocates broadband penetration for devt of digital economy
- APC heads to Appeal Court over disqualification of Deputy Governorship candidate
- Erdogan meets Trump at White House at testing time for U.S.-Turkey ties
- Nationwide Handball League: We’re confident of winning, says Anambra Coach
- Police recruitment: Court adjourns for PSC to respond to AGF’s application
- EU’s Juncker set to leave intensive care after aneurysm operation
- FRSC urges public to assist victims of road traffic crashes
- Man drags friend’s ex fiancée to court over alleged criminal intimidation, defamation
- Former Springboks coach Meyer steps down at Stade Francais
- Probably my best ever, says Thiem after Djokovic win
- Xhaka deserves respect, says former Arsenal skipper Vieira
- Group blames obsolete equipment for incessant collapse of national grid