Abuja, April 29, 2019 The Nigerian Army on Monday inaugurated a platform, tagged `Nigerian Army Secured Information Platform (NASIP)’ for information sharing and paperless interactions among its departments, formations, and units.
Speaking during the occasion, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, said that the platform would initially accommodate 350 users, but would be expanded to accommodate more in the second phase.
Buratai said the platform, with a storage capacity of 500 terabytes and backup storage of 112 terabytes, would have its server located in the Nigerian Army Cyber Warfare Command (NACWC).
He said that major requirement that was considered before the acquisition of the platform was security and speed, among others.
Buratai said that all the army social media accounts could be accessed through the platform.
He said, “This platform is able to provide secure emailing with end-to-end encryption functions within customised web domain and revolutionary integration with text, voice and video chat and conferencing.
“Additionally, it also enables sharing of calendars and allotment of tasks for error proof planning and task delegation.
“The system is custom built to provide real-time collaboration between departments, formations and units.’’
Buratai advised commanders of formation and unit commanders to task their staff to begin using the platform immediately, disclosing that personnel from all formations had been given practical training on how to navigate the user friendly application.
“I hope that with this initiative, the era of a paperless Nigerian army has come to stay,’’ he added.
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality
- I told Trump Turkey can’t scrap Russian S-400 system – Erdogan