By Johnson Eyiangho
Abuja, Feb. 3, 2019 (NNN) Maj.-Gen. A.A.Tarfa, the Commander, Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery, has been redeployed to Martin Luther Agwai International Leadership Peacekeeping Centre, as Commandant in a new posting released by the army Headquarters.
According to a statement issued by Brig.-Gen Sani Usman, the Director of Army Public Relations on Sunday, Maj.-Gen. M. Mohammed, GOC 1 Division has been moved to the Headquarters, Nigerian Army Signals Corps and appointed as Corps Commander.
Maj.-Gen. C.T. Olukoju, who until now the Signal Corps Commander, has been appointed Director General of the newly created Nigerian Army Simulation Centre (NASIMC) with Headquarters in Abuja.
Usman said under the new posting, Maj.-Gen. U.S. Yakubu has been posted to Headquarters of Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery and appointed as Corps Commander.
Others are Maj.-Gen. C.U. Agulanna, Senior Research Fellow, Nigerian Army Resource Centre (NARC), Maj.-Gen. F. Yahaya, Military Secretary (Army), as GOC 1 Division and Maj.-Gen. A.R. Bakare, Chief of Army Accounts and Budget.
Similarly, Usman said Brig.-Gen. D.O. Donibo has been posted to Nigerian Army School of Infantry and appointed Director Army Training Support Centre (ATSC).
Brig.-Gen. G.A.T. Ochigbano, Acting Military Secretary (Army), Brig.-Gen. O.C. Ajunwa, to Nigerian High Commission Brasil, as Defence Adviser, Brig.-Gen. S.T. Shafaru, Commander Engineers, Headquarters Nigerian Army Special Forces Command.
Also affected in the posting are Brig.-Gen. B.Y. Baffa, from National Defence College to the Office of the Chief of Army Staff as Chief of Staff, while Brig.-General U.B. Abubakar is now Deputy Military Secretary I.
Brig.-Gen. E.E. Emekah, from Army War College Nigeria, to 707 Special Forces Brigade as Commander and Col. E.C. Obi-Osang, from Defence Headquarters to Nigerian Army Special Forces Command as Chief of Staff. (NNN)
- Hike in BRT fares unfair, commuters cry to LASG
- Environmentalist urges caution in disinfection of public places
- Zambia launches online portal to provide trade information
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases in 3 days
- Enugu farmers beg govt. to provide fertiliser at subsidised rate
- Foundation awards scholarship to 5 Nigerian girls, others
- Morocco seizes over 1.5 tons of cannabis, arrests 4
- Georgia’s GDP down 16.6 pct in April due to COVID-19 impact
- Growth rate of index of 8 core sectors in India declines by 38.1 percent in April
- Court remands man, 43, for alleged murder of a footballer in Ogun
- Brunei enters 4th week without reporting new COVID-19 cases
- Food crisis imminent in Abia, says agric. commissioner
- Polish football supporters to return to stadiums from June 19
- Ebonyi indigenes laud FG for establishing College of Education in Isu
- Court fixes June 3 to hear substantive suit filed by 31 deregistered political parties
- Expert seeks implementation of energy policy framework
- Volkswagen announces two-bln-euro investment in electric mobility in China
- Lagos Deputy Governor assures good governance in spite of COVID-19
- Roundup: COVID-19 cases in Asia-Pacific region continue to rise as India reports biggest daily jump of 7,466 new cases
- EU seeks tougher China policy ahead of possible summits