Army redeploys some senior officers
The Nigerian Army on Thursday announced the redeployment of some of its senior officers.
Those affected by the latest posting are; Maj.-Gen. E.C.N. OBI, who moves to the Defence Headquarters as Chief of Defence Standard and Evaluation.
Maj.-Gen. L.F. Abdullahi, from Headquarters Nigerian Army Education Corps, moves to Defence Headquarters as Director Veteran Affairs Division and Maj.-Gen. O.G. Adeniyi from Defence Headquarters, will take over the Theatre Command (Operation Lafiya Dole) as Deputy Theatre Commander.
According to a statement issued by Col. Sagir Musa, the army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. G.K. Nwosu, the Chief of Staff, Headquarters 82 Division, had been posted to Nigerian Army Special Forces School as Acting Commandant.
Brig.-Gen. C.A. Apere, moves from Nigeria Army Special Forces School to 82 Division, as Chief of Staff.
Similarly, Brig.-Gen. K.I. Yusuf, has been posted to Nigerian Army Shool of Finance and Accounts and as Commandant’
Musa said Brig.-Gen. M.N.B. Mamman, from Headquarters, Nigerian Army Engineers (Sappers Engineering Nigeria Limited) had been moved to Headquarters Nigerian Army Engineers as Director Army Works.
Brig.-Gen. A.D. Gbadebo from Headquarters, Nigerian Army Engineers moves to Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering as Deputy Commandant, while Brig.-Gen. S.S. Araoye from Nigerian Army College of Logistics is to head the Nigerian Army Central Workshop as Commandant.
Still in the posting, Brig.-Gen. C.A. Thomas was deployed from Military Hospital, Lagos, to Defence Headquarters (Office of the Chief of Defence Staff) and appointed Gender Adviser.
Others are; Col. D.C. Bako to remain in Sector 2, Operation Lafiya Dole, as Acting Chief of Staff, and Col. S.O. Omotosho moves to Technical Group Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and appointed Acting Commander.
Col. L.G. Lepdung, however, remains in Headquarters Infantry Corps Centre, as Acting Director Research and Development.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students