Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi will miss the FA Cup final against Chelsea on Aug. 1 because of a hamstring injury, the English Premier League (EPL) club said in London on Saturday.
The 28-year-old Mustafi sustained the injury during the closing stages of Arsenal’s 2-0 semi-final victory against Manchester City at Wembley last week.
“(He) will miss remaining matches of this season. Further details on recovery programme will be confirmed in the coming days,” Arsenal said.
The German defender has received plenty of criticism for his inconsistent displays for the north London club since his arrival from Valencia in 2016.
But he has however enjoyed a renaissance under Mikel Arteta, starting 12 of their last 15 Premier League games.
Mustafi missed Arsenal’s 2-1 win against Chelsea in the 2017 FA Cup final because of illness.
- Buhari greets Labour Minister, Chris Ngige at 68
- Women groups rally support for Obaseki, Speaker in Edo
- Kano traffic agency bans long vehicles from offloading goods during the day
- Flood destroys 110 houses in Zamfara
- Kaduna attacks: Sen Sani urges concerted efforts by govt, security agencies
- Flooding: NEMA urges Jalingo residents to avoid settlement along riverine areas
- Zamfara APC Crisis: Court dissolves Zamfara executives, orders fresh congresses
- NBBF mourns former D’Tigers invitee, Ojo
- Adamawa Assembly approves Gov. Fintiri’s N550m Agric loan
- ACF urges FG to tackle killings, insecurity in southern Kaduna