An artisan, Mohammed Al-Ali, 41, on Monday appeared before a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly defrauding a client of N990,000.
The defendant who was charged with fraud and theft pleaded not guilty to the two charges.
Ekundayo said that the defendant defrauded his customer, one Mrs Christina Awodein of N990,000, under false pretenses of erecting water fountain and installing a diesel tank at the complainant compound.
He said that Al-Ali converted the money to his personal use without rendering the service he was paid for.
According to the prosecutor, the offences contravened Sections 287 and 312 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Magistrate, Mrs A.M. Olumide-Fusika, admitted Al-Ali to N200,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.
Olumide-Fusika adjourned the case until March 9 for mention.
Edited By: Debo Oshundun/Wale Ojetimi
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NMA calls for more staffing of health facilities in Kwara
- COVID-19: Kebbi govt shuts borders
- COVID-19: CAN supports Sunday service suspension in Niger
- Covid-19: No panic, observe precautionary measures – 2 Face Idibia
- Akeredolu advises residents to steer clear of explosion site
- Federal Ministers donate 50% of March salary to Covid-19
- COVID-19: MURIC supports Aregbesola on prison decongestion
- Truck carrying dynamite explodes in Akure, destroys church, houses
- NSCDC deploys 250 personnel in Ebonyi to curtail spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Oyo govt. imposes curfew, bans inter-state travel