“The only squash court we have now is not only in very bad condition but dangerous to our players that train there on daily basis.
“I therefore make a passionate appeal to the government to help us fix the court as it is the pride of our association,” he said.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the chairman’s appeal came against the backdrop of near collapse of the squash court in the state capital.
Babujee said that the facility was the only court available to squash players in the state, hence the need to recondition it.
“The squash court is very essential in the development of the game, especially on the initiative of catching them young at the grassroots,” he said.
Mr Olufemi Martin, a member of the squash club, told NAN that he had stopped using the court long ago owing to the dilapidated nature of the facility.
NAN also reports that the state government was currently developing a multi-million naira sports complex which has the capacity of hosting any world championship at Bahago round-about in Minna. (NAN)
Edited by Ismail Abdulaziz
- Lightning strikes kill 27 in Pakistan
- Refugees commission partners with Rochas foundation to build schools in IDPs camps
- Nigerian artist, Njideka Akunyili-Crosby makes 2019 Time’s ‘100 Next’ list
- Police assure of adequate security ahead of Bayelsa poll
- Israel resumes strikes on Gaza
- WHO supports Nigeria’s legislative network to achieve UHC
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu