Olufemi Adefeso, the Media Attache, Lagos State Basketball Association (LSBBA), on Monday said the current administration was determined to take basketball to greater heights in the state.
Adefeso told News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that the newly inaugurated board of the association was keeping to their promise to take the game to the next level.
According to Adefeso, the revamped Eko Basketball League which dunked off recently in Lagos was just the beginning of what to expect.
“With the ongoing political situation at the national level, the association led by Barbara Harper has taken it upon itself to organise the Eko Basketball League.
“The culture of basketball which the state is known for is now revived as we can see how it is demonstrated by the fans that hve come to watch the opening games.
“Lagos has always been the light of basketball throughout the federation going by the numerous teams available and it is imperative to revive that spirit,’’ Adefeso said.
Adefeso added that the 14 teams scheduled to play in the competition are rated as the best in the state and with their fans would bring that competition the league was known for.
“The teams scheduled to play are the best the state can boast of, the fans also who will be backing their teams to perform well are also not left out.
“In retrospect, it is once again a season for lovers of the sport to come and enjoy rivalry that exist among teams and culture of fans support the league was known for.
“With the completion of the Eko Basketball League, more competitions are scheduled to come up in the year,’’ he said.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy