The Arum Cultural and Development Association (ACDA) in Nasarawa State has called on Nigerians to live in peace and tolerate one another for development to thrive in the society.
The new President of the association, Mr Emmanuel Ajah, made the call on Monday at the end of the association’s election of new officials in Arum Sarki, Farin Development Area, Nasarawa.
Ajah said that the importance of peace could not be overemphasised to the development of the country, hence the call in that direction.
” The importance of unity and peaceful co-existence to societal development can not be overemphasised.
” No society will achieve meaningful development without peace. Peace is priceless and non negotiable.
” It is in view of this that I want to urge my people and other Nigerians to continue to live in peace and tolerate one another for development to thrive, ” he said.
He thanked members of the association for giving them the mandate to serve and promised to carry every member along as well as work toward the success of the association.
The president called for support of all in order to take the association to a greater heights.
He promised inclusive and quality leadership and assured of his desire to initiate good policies and programmes that would have direct bearing on the lives of members of the association and the state.
Chairman of the ACDA electoral committee, Solomon Ayuba, while announcing the election results, commended members for their maturity and peaceful conduct during the election.
Also speaking at the event, the Speaker of Wamba legislative arm, who is also the Councillor representing Arum ward, Ahmed Dahiru Isa, described the election as a success.
He called on Arum people to unite for the progress of Arum land and the state at large.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that other officials elected are: Ayuba Awah-Titus as the Vice President, Usman Samuel, Secretary General, Bulus Jugbo, Treasurer, Emmanuel Akuda, welfare secretary and Aeron Akwana, as Organising Secretary.
Others are: Ezekiel Usman who was returned as Assistant Secretary, while Yakubu Ayara and Nnokira Ayuba would as serve as financial secretary and Public Relations Officer, respectively.
Edited By: Bola Akingbehin and Abdullahi Yusuf (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse