The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) of Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH), Okitipupa, has announced the death of a senior lecturer, Dr Gilbert Ibitola, who reportedly slumped and died in his apartment.
He said the deceased, who was of the Department of Physical Sciences, died on Friday.
Akomolafe described Ibitola as a brilliant scholar and a great physicist who devoted his life time to teaching, research and community service.
He also described the deceased as a humourous and humble academician whose life was worthy of emulation.
“He reportedly slumped and died in his apartment on Friday.
“Ibitola was a brilliant scholar and great physicist who devoted his life time to teaching, research and community service which contributed immensely to the growth and development of the department and the university at large.
“He has several publications in renowned academic journals to his credit and has not been known to compromise academic standard in his research pursuit in any way or form.
“The union will greatly miss his comradeship, his department will miss his academic contributions and the university will eternally mourn his demise, praying that God should grant his family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss,” he said.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse