At least four people were injured Wednesday afternoon in a shooting along Interstate 580 in Oakland, California, local police said on Twitter.
“The Oakland Police Department is assisting CHP (California Highway Patrol) with a shooting that occurred on E/B 580 Freeway in the area of 106 Ave. At this time 4 victims have been reported injured. Traffic stopped, please use alternate routes,” the Oakland Police Department tweeted.
The shooting took place at around 3:30 p.m. (2230 GMT) and four occupants in a black Infiniti M35 were injured, said the police.
The victims were sent to local hospitals for medical treatment, and all remain in stable condition, according to the CHP.
Investigation was underway to determine the cause of the shooting.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse