An author, Zuwaira Ahmed, on Thursday called for more books on Fulfulde to encourage the education of Fulani children.
Ahmed, author of the book, ‘Every day Guide to Fulfulde’, made the appeal while speaking to journalists in Kaduna.
She noted that substantial number of Fulani people born in the cities do not speak or understand Fulfulde language because of the absence of relevant books to guide them.
According to her, writing educative books in Fulfulde would ease the pains of learning the language at all levels of education.
Ahmed, who is also a secondary school teacher, urged government and wealthy fulani people to support the writing of educative books in Fulfulde to enhance literacy and reading culture among the Fulani people.
She urged parents to always teach their children Fulfulde language and support girl-child education.( NAN)
Edited By: Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
- COVID-19: Commission refunds 2020 Hajj intending pilgrims in Adamawa
- Edo 2020: Crowds at rallies thrill Shaibu
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium