Nasima Sultana, a senior health ministry official, said in a briefing in Dhaka “64 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed in a 24-hour period, bringing the total number of fatalities in the country since March 18 to 1,847.”
Bangladesh reported the highest daily death toll of 53 patients on June 16.
According to the official, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country increased to 145,483 with the daily rise of 3,682 new cases reported in the last 24 hours.
A total of 18,426 samples were tested in the last 24 hours in labs across Bangladesh.
The official said the total number of recovered patients in the country now stands at 59,624, including 1,844 new recoveries.
Bangladesh recorded the highest 4,008 cases in a 24-hour period on June 17.
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- Ibadan most wanted criminal gang leader, Ebila, killed