The highest single-day rise in deaths came just a day after the country reported 28 COVID-19 fatalities.
According to the official, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases increased to 47,153 on Sunday with the rise of the new 2,545 cases.
Previously on May 29, Bangladesh recorded 2,523 cases in a 24-hour period.
During the last 24 hours, the official also said 406 more patients were released from hospitals and clinics, bringing the number of recovered patients in the country to 9,781.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Edo poll: AA, LP, ADC substitute candidates
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies