Banker seeking money ritual swindled, suspects arrested
The State Commissioner of Police, Olukolu Shina, disclosed this on Monday while parading some suspects at the Command Headquarters, Eleyele, Ibadan.
The police commissioner said that three members of the syndicate were arrested after defrauding a banker (name withheld) who works at a new generation bank in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.
“The victim, having been hypnotized, was defrauded of a huge sum of money, both in local and foreign currencies to the tune of over N16 million by the fraudsters who promised to double the money for him.
“The victim, out of desperation, believed the suspect and fraudulently obtained the sum of USD 20,000 from Treasure Harmony Bureau De Change in Ibadan through his wife and thereafter went underground.
“The victim, who is a bank, cashier, also secretly stole some hard currencies from the vault of the bank in his quest to get rich quickly,” the CP said.
He said discrete investigation conducted by the operatives of the command following the report of the incident led to the arrest of the three members of the fraudulent syndicate at their hideout in Osogbo.
The CP said the suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigation was concluded.
Shina warned politicians and their supporters against intimidation and thuggery during the upcoming elections, saying the command would henceforth clampdown on agents of destabilization. (NNN)
Edited by Remi Koleoso/Wale Ojetimi
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism