Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann is set to miss his side’s final two La Liga games after sustaining a thigh injury during Saturday’s 1-0 win over Real Valladolid.
Griezmann, who has had an underwhelming season since an 120-million-euro move from Atletico Madrid last year, came off at halftime and a statement from Barca on Sunday said he had injured his right thigh.
The club did not say how long the France striker would be out for, although newspaper Sport said he would be sidelined for three weeks, ruling him out of Thursday’s home game against Osasuna and their final match, away to Alaves, next Sunday.
The win over Valladolid kept Barca in the title race, although leaders Real can extend their lead at the top back to four points if they beat Granada on Sunday.
Edited By: Folorunso Poroye (NAN)
- Lagos-Ibadan rail: Crowd cheers Amaechi, Mohammed as duo ride on new trains
- Fight over United States Postal Service underscores challenges it faces
- Israel describes UN rejection of Iran arms embargo as ‘disgrace’
- Amaechi, Mohammed inspect Lagos-Ibadan rail project
- My album, “Jehovah”, lifts people going through challenges — Gospel songstress
- Total blackout in Rivers as angry youths shutdown Afam transmission lines
- Police arrest pastor, 5 others for alleged child theft in A’Ibom
- Delta approves 3 additional private schools for JSS exams
- Buhari rejoices with Kingsley Osadolor at 60
- COVID-19: survivors say mental health key to defeating virus