Barcelona midfielder, Ivan Rakitic, accepts that his days at the Nou Camp may be numbered, but says he is concerned with concentrating on preparation for next season with the Spanish champions.
He stated this at a news conference in Tokyo on Monday following the arrival of Frenkie de Jong from Ajax and 31-year-old Sergio Busquets signing a new five-year deal last year with the club.
Barcelona’s midfield is looking a little crowded and the Croat could be the man to be shipped out in the summer.
Speaking ahead of his side’s pre-season match against Chelsea in Japan on Tuesday, Rakitic admitted that it was awkward talking about his future, but that he was used to the rumours.
“Does it bother me? No, it doesn’t. I have to understand soccer in general works like that,” the midfielder when asked about any impending move.
“In some way it also fills me with pride because if other teams ask about me it is because I am doing things really well.”
Rakitic said he was simply trying to enjoy his soccer at Barca as they seek to put disappointments of recent seasons behind them.
“I think the club has other things to do right now other than speak about my issues,” the 31-year-old said.
Coach Enesto Valverde has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to attacking midfielders at his disposal after the arrival of Antoine Griezmann from La Liga rivals, Atletico Madrid, this month.
Griezmann joins a loaded attacking group that also includes Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Phillipe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele.
“They are two different ways of attacking. At Atletico, it’s very quick and the other way is with lots of patience. I will adapt like I did at Atletico.
- Court acquits man charged with sexually assaulting neighbour’s child
- U.S. blueberry growers see huge opportunity in China
- El-Rufai, others laud Amaechi’s selfless service at 55
- COVID-19: Abia records three new confirmed cases, total number rises to 10
- COVID-19: Nigerian-British bilateral relationship remains strong – envoy
- Stakeholders urge Enugu Assembly to review state urban, regional plan law
- Fire rips through crowded Cameroon prison
- Zamfara: Police partner ex bandits, rescue 12 kidnap victims -PPRO
- LG polls: Benue PDP chairman optimistic of victory
- Lagos reinvigorates e-governance, boosts network
- NITDA presents national outsourcing strategy to stakeholders
- Ogun set to resume normal business, eases lockdown
- Northern Governors congratulate Masari @70
- Austria to pay artists 1,000 euros a month to weather Covid-19 crisis
- Akande emerges Chairman of Ibadan LG Properties Company
- Buhari hails Consul-General Godwin Adama at 60
- Navy appoints 110 senior officers
- Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
- Burundi’s opposition goes to court to contest election results
- Gov Okowa’s wife donates food items to 5 correctional centres