Bauchi State government has approved the establishment of ‘Oil and Gas Academy’ in Alkaleri Local Government Area of the state.
“The state shall set the necessary machinery in motion to enact the enabling law, establishing the institute in order to give it the required legal backing.
“A Project Implementation Committee has been constituted and a consultant engaged to initiate, plan and coordinate the project, including the preparation of Academic brief for the Institute.
“Part of Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi, shall be utilised as temporary site for the proposed institute and Office Accommodation for its Principal Officers.
“The State Development Board shall set up the necessary machineries for the provision of physical development master plan, articulating both the immediate and long term development objective of the institute,” the commissioner said.
Sade also revealed that the council had also resolved to review the Performance of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency on a quarterly basis in the state executive council meetings.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Felix Ajide
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety