Bauchi State Muslims Pilgrims Welfare Board on Thursday announced a deposit of N1.5 million for 2020 Hajj.
Alhaji Isa Babayo-Tilde, Special Adviser on Pilgrims Affairs to Gov. Bala Muhammed of the state, announced this in Bauchi at the commencement of preparations for 2020 Hajj.
Babayo-Tilde further announced that intending pilgrims were expected to pay the deposit in three instalments before the end of January 2020.
He also announced that registration of intending pilgrims would commence on Friday,Nov. 15, in all headquarters of the 20 Local Government Areas in the state.
Babayo-Tilde urged all interested intending pilgrims to register at the centres.
He revealed that the board had acquired five hectares of land close to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa International Airport, Bauchi, for the construction of a befitting Hajj Camp.
The special adviser assured that the camp, to be equipped with modern facilities, would be completed before the end of 2019.
He commended officials of the board over success recorded during the 2019 operations, and urged them to sustain the tempo in 2020.
The Acting Executive Secretary of the board, Alhaji Alkassim Shall, had earlier announced that 2,010 seats had been allocated to the state for the pilgrimage next year as against the 3,090 seats in 2019.
He recalled that the board recorded death of four persons out of the 1,987 pilgrims that performed 2019 Hajj.
Shall also recalled that some intending pilgrims, which figure was not given, died before the commencement of the operations.
He stated that in spite of hitches experienced during 2019 Hajj, the exercise recorded success, and that the board had received commendations from some organisations.
Shall warned intending pilgrims against last minute rush for the payment fares as experienced this year.
He said such last minute rush had made it cumbersome to officials of the board in obtaining Visas and other documents for the pilgrims.
The Secretsry warned officials of the board against unwholesome practices that might thwart the success of the operations.
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity
- Expert urges Nigerians to imbibe savings culture
- Navy employs weight control mechanism to promote fitness
- Exhibit more political will in tackling nation’s security challenges, Cleric advises FG
- Gospel singer charges youths to start small, be humble
- Yuletide: Curfew, ban of fireworks still effective in Borno -Police