Chief David Lyon, the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Bayelsa State, has promised to correct all the mistakes of the Peoples Democratic Party-led government, if elected as governor.
Lyon, who pledged to be a servant leader, if elected, gave the promise on Tuesday during the launching of the APC governorship campaign organisation at the David Lyon Campaign Office in Yenagoa.
He said that the PDP government in the state had impoverished the people in the past years, adding that people must all unite to send the party packing come Nov. 16.
According to him: “We must work hard; we must be united; the victory of the party lies on those of us who are here today.
“We must be courageous; I know we will face issues but we must stand firm to see that we defeat PDP come Nov. 16.
“Mistakes have been made by the PDP government but we are here to correct those mistakes. I will not disappoint you; I will always consult you before taking decisions,” he said.
Earlier, the alternate Director-General of the organisation, Prof Seiyefa Brisibe, called for unity among all the party stakeholders and urged them to contribute their own quota for the success of the party at the polls.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the Director-General of the organisation and Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva was absent at the inauguration.
NAN also reports that the running mate to Lyon, Sen. Degi Eremienyon, former deputy governor of the state Hon. Peremobowei Ebebi, who recently dumped the PDP and a former Political Adviser and PDP Caucus Chairman, Chief Geroge Fente, among others, were present at the occasion. (NAN)
Edited by ‘Wale Sadeeq
- Ebonyi NOA, UNICEF move to raise awareness on safe practices for healthy living
- 2019 INAC: Ogun woos visitors to explore tourism assets
- Centre trains Armory managers from 15 countries to curtail arms proliferation
- Gridlock: Lagos Assembly asks Sanwo-Olu to focus on scheduled maintenance
- KDSG urges religious leaders to spread messages of peace
- Lagos House of Assembly approves N250bn loan for capital projects
- AFRIMA- Stakeholders urge artistes to utilise digital platforms for distribution
- Artist drums up support for the Art sector
- Experts call for private sector participation in health security
- Ogun govt. advocates modern teaching techniques for special schools
- A.Y partners Chinese firm to produce new movie `30 days’
- NAN Acting MD tasks staff on commitment “in spite of financial challenges”
- Plateau: NPC launches 2018 NDHS report
- Chris Brown welcomes second child with girlfriend
- ENSG targets 1m children in immunisation plus days
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court