The state’s PDP Chairman, Mr Cleopas Moses made the remark in a statement he signed and issued to journalists in Yenagoa on Wednesday.
Moses, however called on party members to remain united ahead of the poll.
He expressed optimism that the party would emerge victorious in the election.
The chairman said tentative dates for the conduct of the party’s primaries for the LG poll would be announced after confirmation by the national secretariat.
He urged all aspirants to legitimately go about their campaigns and consult widely with a view to having a rancor-free electoral process.
“On Tuesday, we met in view of the coming elections. The meeting had in attendance the leadership of the party, the political desk and some critical stakeholders. It was mainly to brainstorm on how to go about the election.
“Like you all know, the PDP is one big family and we have the capacity and spread to win the election provided it is freely and fairly conducted. We call on our members to continue to maintain the peace and oneness that is currently within the party.
“What we discussed here will be transmitted to the governor by his deputy, who is directly supervising whatever we are doing.
“We have rolled out plans of activities for the election but because we are a much organised party, we are waiting for our national to approve it and give us the go ahead. So by the weekend, everything will be clear. Like our leader the governor will say, all legitimate ambitions are welcomed. However, we don’t want any rancor, so we advise all aspirants to consult widely and engage in consensus building,” he said.
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development
- 200 naval officers commence small arms firing training exercise
- Namibia declares polling day a public holiday