Bazai Emirate Youths Forum in Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara has appealed to Governor Bello Matawalle to return the Bazai Emirate, which was reverted by the State House of Assembly to the status of a District.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that former governor Abdul’aziz Yari had, in May 2019, upgraded the District Head of Bazai, Alhaji Muhammad Aliyu, to the status of Emir.
Yari-led administration also upgraded the District Head of Talata Mafara, Alhaji Mukhtar Kayaye, to the status of Senior District Head.
Speaking at a press conference in Gusau on Thursday, the Chairman of the Bazai Youth Forum, Surajo Abdullahi, said the Emirate was established by the ex-governor, because it was deserving and not based on political reason.
According to him, the Emirate was founded by late Muhammadu Wawni, the Son of the Late Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Bello, over 230 years ago.
He appealed to governor Matawallen to avoid some people who are politicizing the issue of upgrading Bazai Emirate, saying that it has nothing to do with politics.
“The decision taken by the State House of Assembly to revert the Emirate to District is unfair to us; we want to the state government to review the decision of the Assembly and return the emirate.
“We had earlier visited the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Bala Bello, and Deputy Governor, Alhaji Mahadi Aliyu-Gusau, to register our grievances.
“We know Alhaji Bello Matawallen-Maradun is a leader who listens to people.
“We commend his efforts in tackling security challenges facing our dear state, especially in our area.
“We appreciate his efforts and we are totally behind him in the effort to bring development to Zamfara,” Abdullahi said.
NAN reports that the State House of Assembly had on July 31, 2019 reverted the upgrading of Bazai District to the status of Emirate
The Assembly also directed the Emir of Bazai and the Senior District Head of Talata Mafara to revert to their former statuses of District Heads.
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments